Traditional antivirus relies on outdated signature-based technology that addresses threats at the execution stage of the attack chain. It’s reactive, one-dimensional, and apparently isn’t effective. Malwarebytes employs several proprietary technologies that work together to break the attack chain, from pre-delivery to post-execution.
Our platform applies the following real-time protection layers:
- Web Protection Prevents access to malicious websites, ad networks, scammer networks, and bad neighborhoods
- Application Hardening Reduces vulnerability exploit surface and proactively detects fingerprinting attempts used by advanced attacks
- Exploit Mitigation Proactively detects and blocks attempts to abuse vulnerabilities and remotely execute code on the endpoint
- Application Behavior Protection Prevents applications from being leveraged to infect the endpoint
- Anomaly Detection Proactively identifies viruses and malware through machine learning technique
- Payload Analysis Identifies entire families of known malware with heuristic and behavioral rules
- Behavior Monitoring Detects and blocks ransomware via behavioral monitoring technologymatching-basedsignature-lessRemediation EngineWeb ProtectionApplication HardeningExploit MitigationApplication Behavior ProtectionAnomaly DetectionPayload AnalysisBehavior Monitoring
The benefit of being one of the most popular cybersecurity products is more data. Millions of computers protected by Malwarebytes provide a constant stream of detection event data. We harness this telemetry to provide a more agile, dynamic response to new and unknown threats.
More than 8 million threats detected or blocked by Malwarebytes every day
More than 187 million scans by Malwarebytes every month
More than 247,000 installations of Malwarebytes technology every day